More than a training module, this body-mind approach offers you a real transformative experience in the tissues of your person.
Core Strokes™ is a comprehensive bodymind process for self-development within a relational alliance in order for us to connect with our Core (Center of Right Energy) Essence.
A powerful combination of experiential and didactic learning opportunities
This Core Strokes training module I is for anyone wishing to deepen their personal and professional skills with a powerful holistic deep bodywork approach.
Composed of 4 independent and certifying modules of 100 hours of theory and practice (Level I, II, III and IV), this Module I can be taken as a complement to your current modality or as a complete training in itself, leading after the fulfillment of all requirements to the Core Strokes Practitioner/Facilitator Diploma. This Module I can also be taken for the sole purpose of personal development.
During this Module I (7 days of teaching), we will help you gain a deep understanding of how blocked energy affects you emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually. You will experience powerful energetic, psychological and relational techniques (Core “Strokes”) to open the flow of your life force. In Core Strokes “Strokes” are “units of recognition”. We can say that any transaction between people is an exchange of strokes. In life, “Strokes” can take the form of a smile or a frown, a criticism or a compliment. They can be positive or negative, verbal or non-verbal, and conditional or unconditional, be or do strokes. The most health-inducing stroke is positive-unconditional. In Core Strokes, we also introduce “myofascial strokes” that touch the psychosomatic unity of being.
In this module I you will discover the many ways in which you unconsciously prevent yourself from being well aligned, clear minded, fully alive and joyful and how to help others. By bringing stuck energies to action, followed by inter-action one can find satisfaction, validation, and the internalization of meaning. Through the work one can let go of old/historic psychological maps which are functionally identical with the holding patterns and layers of protective «armor» in the body. The work supports the creation of new meaningful bodymind maps (both in body and mind) with a yes to your deeper life stream on all levels of your personality.
You will find out how your body and your feelings are important guides for finding your purpose in life and for inviting wanted change. The three stages of change in Core Strokes can be summarized as: “Let be, Let go, let in”.
Participants testify that the deep work helps them to experience more pleasure and satisfaction, and a sense of meaning and connectedness.
This Module is also being organized in different countries (these may be followed in the locality of your choice).
Program of the Training Module I in Core Strokes in South Africa
Core Strokes ™ is a creative, dynamic and ultimately enjoyable way to fully experience the creativity, dynamism and joy of your own life force. In a Module I Core Strokes, we integrate:
- The model of a “natural energetic wave in steps” as well as clearly defined blockages which can be stated in terms of character structure.
- A map of consciousness and a map of personality as orientation for assessing the depth of the work, understanding defense mechanisms that obscure the Core. You will be able to resolve conflicts and relationship difficulties with yourself and others.
- Structured exercises to increase the physical sensitivity and awareness.
- Dynamic body reading, which is the development of a dialogue between the energies of the different parts of your body in relation to each other and the environment.
- The profile (conditional vs. unconditional, negative vs. positive, verbal vs. non-verbal, being vs. doing) and economy of “Strokes” (how much and how frequently do you give and take). We also work with “myofascial strokes” that affect the psychosomatic unity of being.
- Microtracking, development of the pre-frontal lobe “pilot”, the “witness”.
- Gestalt exercises.
- Controlled interactions in role-play with accommodation in pairs, triangles or larger constellations with placeholders for the exteriorization of the inner “bodymind drama”.
- Process work, hands-on work and other support work (physical, cognitive and energetic) to relax the myofascial network (which is part of our emotional defense system)
Through individual and group practices, you will be able to experience how your entire body, energy, feeling and attitude start to change subtly. People who have experienced this work firsthand, tell us that they become livelier, more powerful, more connected, satisfied, joyful, courageous.
The place in South Africa (Plettenberg Bay)
This workshop is hosted in South Africa at Redford Road The Crags, Plettenberg Bay, 6602. This place situated in the heart of nature, is a wonderful place with a large hosting capacity.
What about the facilitators?
Dirk Marivoet, MSc.
is the main facilitator of this workshop. He is a certified psychotherapist (ECP) and a licensed psychomotor therapist (University of Leuven), director of the International Institute for Bodymind Integration. He is also a certified trainer and supervisor for all methods of Bodymind Integration (Postural Integration®, Energetic Integration® and Pelvic-Heart Integration®) and a teacher and supervisor of Core Energetics®, a Body Oriented Psychotherapy modality .After more than 35 years of working and teaching, both in the academic, alternative and complementary fields of psychotherapy, he created the Core Strokes ™ approach, which he offers worldwide.
Date and place:
Date: from 19-25 November, 2021 from 10.00 am to 5pm
Participation Fees for the workshop:
- EARLY BIRD : 530 € (before September 18th 2021)
- NORMAL Rate : 560 € (after September 18th 2021)
Benefit from a 10% discount by bringing one other person with you
vegetarian, fresh ingredients, organic and local: package price per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)